Thursday, 31 August 2017
The jury has reviewed all applications and selected the 16 finalists that will be pitching their projects at the SPLASH Innovation Stage competition.
The 4th EIP Water Conference will gather over 600 water innovators from all over the world and, on the afternoon of 27 September, many will have their eyes set on the promising startups bringing disruptive ideas to transform the water sector at the SPLASH Innovation Stage competition. Having received 28 applications from all over the world, the jurors from Porto, UPTEC and Isle Utilities selected the top 16 startups that presented the most innovative projects and products.
- OXFINITI (UK)
- TALENTMOLECULE (Sweden + Portugal)
- BLUE-TEC (The Netherlands)
- EDDY HOME (Canada + Portugal)
- TRIGGER.SYSTEMS (Portugal)
- THE O INITIATIVE (Australia + The Netherlands)
- OPENDATASOFT (France + USA)
- DEFCON8 (Spain)
- BIOMARK, SENSOR RESEARCH (Portugal)
- AQUA-Q (Sweden)
- ENVIROSUITE (Spain)
- INFRASPEAK (Portugal)
- BRIGHTWORK + INGU SOLUTIONS (The Netherlands + Canada)
- INANOENERGY (Portugal)
- SOLARDEW (The Netherlands)
- FLOW LOOP (Denmark) InnoEnergy, the European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT) Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC) that addresses sustainable energy, will also be there and will select the project with the highest potential for energy efficiency.
On the competition day, each finalist will pitch their project for 3 minutes before the 5 jurors (Porto, UPTEC, Isle Utilities, Global Impact Partners, and Launch Factory 88) and an audience in Despachantes Hall at Alfândega Porto Congress Centre.
The top three winning pitches will be chosen considering the jury deliberation (75%) and the audience opinion, who will vote through a mobile app (25%). These, along with the project with the highest potential for energy efficiency, will receive a monetary award. This means there is a chance to win up to €13,000 in prizes!
Finally, the winners will have the opportunity to repeat their pitches in the main Conference room and will be invited to attend the Innovation Dinner as guests.
- SPLASH 1st prize: €12,000
- SPLASH 2nd prize: €6,000
- SPLASH 3rd prize: €3,000
- InnoEnergy prize: €1,000
Prior to the competition itself, finalists will attend an Acceleration Programme and a Communication Workshop, which are free of charge and powered by UPTEC - Science and Technology Park of the University of Porto. All SPLASH Finalists have also received a kind offer from our partner SplashLink, a promo code for a 60-day free trial of their platform, the most extensive online platform for finding bids, projects, and funding opportunities in the water industry. Additionally, the top three startups will be given a 1-year all access (‘Solver Special’) subscription of SplashLink.com for 15 users (commercial value of US $2,259).