Are you making the most of innovation to ensure resilience against climate change?
Friday, 2 August 2019
Cities and urban areas face a growing range of challenges from the effects from climate change to growing populations and from decreased biodiversity to inadequate infrastructure. Resilience is what helps to adapt and transform in the face of these challenges. It is now time for action: on policy making, planning and implementation! The Urban Resilience Technology Approval Group (TAG) is a peer-to-peer platform for cities, municipalities and utilities across Europe that helps you to find reliable innovative solutions, knowledge and to learn from best-practices.
To ensure resilience we believe that water is one of the key topics in urban resilience.
UR TAG brings together European cities, municipalities and utilities to collaboratively review and discuss the most innovative solutions in the fields of Climate change adaptation, Heat stress, Energy transition, Nature-based solutions and Digitalization, as well as facilitates the exchange of knowledge and best practices.
The UR TAG platform meetings are held three times a year across Europe. Each meeting comes with:
- Technology longlist with detailed synopsis on newly selected innovative technologies and a technology shortlist based on voting by municipalities, cities and utilities;
- Well-prepared non-commercial presentations by technology companies on the shortlisted technologies;
- Lively interactive sessions with peers across Europe and with presenters;
- Peer-to-peer knowledge exchange and strategy session on pre-selected themes/topics/cases;
- Updates on projects, (collaborative) pilots and technologies;
- Networking opportunities;
- Excursion/site visits to projects and best-practices of hosting city/utility
To find out more about Urban Resilience TAG please contact Bart Volkers (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sylvia Schuster (email@example.com).