And the winner is… Isle Utilities and Aimen (representing the entire INCOVER project consortium)!
Wednesday, 23 May 2018
More than 550 professionals from water companies, regulatory bodies and consultancy companies to contractors and suppliers were in attendance at the UK Water Industry Awards 2018 organised by WET News and Water & Wastewater Treatment and back for the 12th year running.
The ceremony took place on the 21st of May at The VOX Birmingham, with awards going to winners in 14 different categories.
The Sludge & Resource Recovery Initiative of the Year award– a new category for the awards in 2018 – went to Isle Utilities (Isle) and Aimen who represented the entire INCOVER project consortium at the event.
INCOVER (Innovative Eco-Technologies for Resource Recovery from Wastewater) is a three-year 7.2M Euros collaborative project, funded by the European Commission, involving 18 partner organisations from seven countries in Europe. It is developing innovative and sustainable added-value technologies for recovering nitrogen, phosphorus, biomethane and energy as well as water for irrigation; the resources are being used to make useful products such as bio-plastics, citric acid, biofertilizer, biochar and activated carbon. The project, due to be completed in May 2019, has already demonstrated some impressive results, including a 70% nutrient recovery rate from wastewater using functionalised hybrid polymeric materials as sorbents. Come and join us on the 6th of June in Lisbon to learn more about our project at the event “Scale-up of low-carbon footprint material recovery techniques in existing wastewater treatment plants” INCOVER and SMART-Plant joint event (public).
· INCOVER is a three-year collaborative project coordinated by Aimen and funded by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme (€7.2M), starting in June 2016 and ending in May 2019.
· The project consortium is made up of 18 partner organisations from seven countries including Spain and Germany, where three demonstration sites are located.
· Isle is leading the work package developing the strategies to facilitate rapid market access of INCOVER solutions.
· For information, please contact
- Dr Blanca Antizar (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair of the Innovation Board
- Ms. Babi Uku (email@example.com), Work Package Leader and Member of the Project Steering Group.