Isle Utilities is a boutique technology & innovation consultancy with offices in Australia, the UK, the Netherlands and the US. We aim to accelerate the commercialisation of new technologies in the water and wastewater sectors through our Technology Approval Group (TAG) and through our suite of strategy and innovation consultancy offerings. Our capabilities are as follows:
- Technology Approval Group (TAG) - Isle is the originator of the Technology Approval Group (TAG) - an independent innovation forum that connects emerging technology developers with water utilities worldwide. The aim is to accelerate the commercialisation of technologies that are new to market. The TAG forum has just over 100 water utility members worldwide and have presented over 400 technologies to the industry since 2005. 70% of technologies that pitch are taken forward by our TAG members through trials, demonstrations or sales. TAG creates a “market pull” for technologies and provides valuable feedback to help technology companies develop their product in line with the market’s needs.
- Market Entry and Technology Commercialisation - We undertake a variety of consulting projects focused around technology and innovation in the water sector. This includes developing market entry strategies, voice-of-customer surveys, business plans, technology commercialisation strategies and secondments into start-ups or SMEs (from engineering through to board level).
- Collaborative Technology Trials - Through our TAG forum, we are able to bring together a collaborative group of industry stakeholders to provide in-kind services and/or investment into trials of new technologies. Isle acts as project facilitator for these collaborative trials to ensure that they are undertaken in a robust fashion and address the industry’s needs.
- Innovation Consulting - Our team works with water businesses (including SMEs, water corporations and engineering companies) to help them identify opportunities for growth by sourcing and prioritising technology deal-flow, running innovation workshops and developing technology implementation strategies.
Isle Australia has a team of 7 people and is constantly looking to grow and expand our capabilities into emerging areas of the water sector (both municipal and industrial) and into different geographic regions. The Australian business works with clients in Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia.
About the role
Location: Sydney, Australia
What you’ll be doing
If you feel that your experience can add value to our company, we welcome speculative applications by candidates at all levels of experience. By joining Isle you would not only directly impact the success of our business but also help to shape the future of innovation in water industries.
What the role requires
To be considered for a role, we expect that candidates meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering or science preferable
- Experience in consulting is preferred. Other experience can include engineering, R&D, strategy, project development or technology transfer.
To fit in with our team, you must be:
- Able to manage and deliver projects to a high standard
- An excellent communicator – presenting, writing, speaking
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work under your own initiative and with minimal supervision
- Confident in dealing with a variety of client stakeholders
- Preferably fluent in a second language
Applications and enquiries
Timothy Day (Managing Director)