Isle Utilities is a technology and innovation consultancy specialising in clean technology with global headquarters in the UK and Italian headquarters in Brescia. We have a proven track record in accelerating the development and commercialisation of emerging technologies through our Technology Approval Group (TAG). TAG was established in 2005 as a novel innovation forum that aims to accelerate the market uptake of new technologies. TAG brings together industry know-how with the financial backing of institutional investors to facilitate technology development in line with the market’s needs.
We are seeking an engineer or scientist with a robust understanding of the water sector (clean water and wastewater) and with consulting experience. There will be a requirement to understand the technological needs of our clients (e.g. water companies and contractors), identify suitable technologies, undertake due diligence, support with the on-going development of those technologies in line with the clients’ needs, and to manage those relationships. This will initially focus on the Italian market but with the potential for international projects. As a Senior Technology Consultant there is requirement to identify and secure revenue, so commercial experience is valuable.
The Senior Technology Consultant will also support Isle’s TAG operations for Italy as part of European TAG and Subscription Services that include on-going development and delivery of Technical Working Groups and collaborative trials.
About the role
Contract type: Permanent, full-time, Travel <25%
Location: Brescia or Milan, Italy
Reporting to: Managing Director of Italy
Salary: Dependent on experience
What you’ll be doing
• Work with key water industry clients (utilities, contractors, etc) to understand their needs, drivers and technology requirements;
• Design and execute complex consultancy projects to meet these needs using personal expertise and the that of the team;
• Help to identify, research and evaluate (from a technical and commercial perspective) new and existing technologies, products and services from both the UK and overseas;
• Build strong relationships with technology companies not only to secure their involvement in TAG but also the potential for follow-on consultancy work;
• Liaise directly with Isle colleagues in other territories such as Australia, Singapore and US.
Technology Approval Group (TAG) Support
• Support the delivery of TAG including the provision of support / direction to reporting team members;
• Ensuring consistently high service levels are maintained and seeking continuous improvement to enhance the client experience; this will include liaising with Heads of TAG in Australia and the US to ensure a consistency of Isle’s service offering;
• Delivering existing and developing new technical working groups
• Maintain robust client relationships and understand client needs, drivers and technology requirements and securing new TAG members;
• Provide direction and support for the identification, research and evaluation of new / novel technologies;
• Identify new business opportunities and develop pipeline and work closely with the consulting team to new projects with a focus around technology and innovation;
• Build robust relationships with technology companies – this may include consultancy-based work or a more formal strategic relationship;
• Deliver consultancy services directly and at times, as the project manager/director overseeing other consultants as needed;
• Support the development and delivery of technical reports, technology specifications, cost estimates (procurement and deployment), best practices, and work plan;
• Demonstrate effective project management, meeting stated lead times and staying on budget;
• Support the technical and commercial due diligence analysis required for the Italy market and Isle Srl. Customers.
- Manage a small team of consultants that support the delivery of the role. This will require good communication skills and travel as team members are located across Europe;
- Organise and chair team meetings and feedback to Managing Director
- Good commercial acumen and ability to:
- • Support with budgeting and forecasting;
- • Invoice and secure timely cash collections;
- • Support with financial reporting every month.
What the role requires
- Technical or scientific degree.
- Post graduate degree and/or evidence of continuing study
- Membership of an appropriate professional body would also be desirable.
Knowledge / Experience
- Italy Water industry experience
- International water sector experience
- Analysis of data and technical information
- Writing proposals and high-quality technical reports
- Project management and delivery
- Team management and/or coaching others
Technical Skills / Ability
- Motivated self starter with ability work autonomously.
- Innovator and creative thinker with good communication skills.
- Technical specialism in water or wastewater treatment
- Confident to engage / network with a diverse client base.
- Possess a valid driver’s License; have and maintain acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Authorized to work in Italy now and in the future without sponsorship.
Applications and enquiries
Applications (CV and cover letter) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.