Isle Utilities is looking for an Associate to join our expanding team. Isle Utilities is a technology and innovation consultancy specialising in cleantech. We have a proven track record in accelerating the development and commercialisation of emerging technologies through our Technology Approval Group “TAG” – the industry forum that drives innovation.
Isle is a continuously growing company headquartered in London with offices in the US and Australia. We are operating across the world including Asia and Europe. By joining Isle you would not only directly impact the success of our business but also help to shape the future of innovation in clean tech industries.
About the role
Contract type: Permanent (full-time)
Start date: asap
Location: London, UK
Reporting to: Head of TAG & Investor Relations
Salary: £18,000 – £24,000
Contact and application
Ben Tam (Managing Director, UK)
What you’ll be doing
TAG is reliant on the Isle team identifying and having a strong deal flow database of emerging technologies. We are seeking a motivated self-starter to manage Isle’s technology deal flow database across the UK and overseas, taking overarching responsibility for the logging, tracking and reporting of technologies for the various global TAG forums. The successful candidate will work with the various Technology Consultants across the global business and coordinate the required tasks to ensure all aspects of due diligence are complete and all information is logged on the wide range of technology companies prior to and following the global TAG meetings.
- Building strong relationships with the Technology Consultants across the business who are responsible for identifying technology deal flow and undertaking due diligence;
- Tracking deal flow through the due diligence process to ensure technologies are available and ready for the upcoming global TAG meetings;
- Concise reporting of deal flow statistics to various stakeholders;
- Support with the development of existing systems/processes used by the team to make the deal flow process more efficient.
- General control of input onto the online Technology Platform, which is a database for information and literature of all of the technology companies identified;
- Ensuring all identified technology companies are tracked within the database;
- Ensuring all the entries are up to date and consistent which will include regular contact with technology companies;
- Uploading all the relevant information on technologies prior to and following the global TAG meetings through continued liaison with the various TAG leaders;
- Support with the development of the Technology Platform in order to improve the efficiency of input and improve usability for clients.
What the role requires
- Engineering or science based degree preferred;
- Coordination of many diverse stakeholders (colleagues and/or clients);
- Structured and methodological approach to task completion;
- Building new relationships;
- A well organised approach to project delivery;
- Influencing people within a team, including senior members of the team;
- Managing a working with diverse systems/processes with input from various stakeholders;
- Confidence in publishing written documentation to a wide audience ;
- Utilising web based management tools to make task completion efficient and accurate;
- Concisely report findings to various stakeholders;
- Motivated self starter with ability to work under own initiative and within a diverse team;
- Good communication skills;
Applications and enquiries
Ben Tam (Managing Director, UK)