Isle Utilities is a boutique technology and innovation consultancy with Global headquarters in the UK and US headquarters in Palo Alto, CA. Isle aims to accelerate the commercialization of disruptive emerging water technologies. We do this through two core capabilities, through our Technology Approval Group (TAG) – a unique innovation forum for global water utilities, and our consultancy service for end users.
Isle has worked on behalf of utilities to identify, screen, and qualify emerging solutions that provide a step change solution to all aspects of utility management, not limited to engineering, IT, water resource management and operations. As an independent third party, Isle works hard to objectively source and screen technology providers, which are prioritized based on utility clients expressed needs and interest areas. We facilitate this support through the TAG program, a core distinction of the Isle brand that has been in operation since 2005, as well as our tailored consultancy services.
To support the continued growth of the US division of Isle, we are currently seeking a candidate can support the development and execution of consultancy projects within the Isle Inc. business that serve primarily water utilities, municipalities, special districts, and agencies.
About the role
Contract type: Full-time
Location: San Diego, CA or Denver, CO, USA
Reporting to: Managing Director, Senior Consultant
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver consultancy services related to technology evaluation, piloting and implementation
- Support the development and delivery of technical reports, technology specifications, cost estimates (procurement and deployment), best practices, and work plans
- Support the technical and commercial due diligence analysis required for the US market and Isle Inc. customers
- Develop key relationships with a diverse range of clientele, including end users, water technology firms, investors, and other water stakeholders
- Secure new projects that support existing Isle clients, as well as those outside of the existing customer base
- Develop scope, fees, and proposals for new project opportunities
A number of key business activities may also require input. These may include, but are not limited to:
- General - Document preparation, review, and proofing for various miscellaneous needs
- Program support- Support Isle workshops including travel within North America, public speaking, communication with vendors and end users, and development of workshop documents
- Work onsite at water and wastewater plant to support pilot and start-up work
What the role requires
High-level organizational skills, success working independently and remotely, great attention to detail, high energy level and positive attitude, superior customer service skills and level of professionalism, excellent communication skills, and effective time management. Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Able to read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks.
- Education: BS/Ms in Civil/Environmental Engineering preferred, however other Engineering and Science Degrees considered with sufficient experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Understanding and experience of commercial and technical aspects around the water sector
- Experience with technologies in the water sector including several of the following categories; Treatment, controls, conveyance, distribution systems, smart grids, asset management software, artificial Intelligence, water quality, GIS and mechanical systems
- Experience working with private and public water utilities; industrial water a plus
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the application of current engineering principles, practices, procedures, materials, and equipment as they apply to water/wastewater/industrial treatment processes
- A passionate ambassador of innovation, sustainability, and wanting to make this world a better place through your impact in water!
- An excellent communicator - presenting, writing, speaking
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work under your own initiative with little direction
- Confident in dealing with a variety of client stakeholders and confident networking
- Able to cultivate, develop and maintain diversity of existing client relationships
- Ability to identify challenges and provide constructive approach to address it
- Display high integrity and accountability
- Possess a valid driver’s License; have and maintain acceptable motor vehicle record
- Authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without sponsorship
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Applications and enquiries
+1 760-707-8959 | firstname.lastname@example.org