Piers Clark nominated by industry as one of the top 10 industry leaders transforming UK Utilities
Friday, 10 February 2017
Utility Week Live - Press Release 8th Feb 2017
Announcing the 10 industry leaders transforming UK utilities, as voted for by the industry itself.
“Utilities are in a moment of transformation, with political upheaval and regulatory change providing a backdrop to the day-to-day impacts of more extreme weather patterns and new models of consumer demand and consumption. Many within the industry are rising to the challenge magnificently, with outstanding examples of innovation and leadership across the UK. Utility Week Live asked its audiences to vote for the top ten individuals and technologies transforming UK utilities and we were delighted with the response. We look forward to hearing from the leaders, and seeing the technologies in action, at the NEC in Birmingham on May 23 and 24”
Ellen Bennett, Content Director, Utility Week Live
Utility Week Live 2017 are delighted to reveal the names of our 2017 transformation leaders, the game-changers and mavericks revolutionising the UK’s water, gas and electricity utilities. We asked the Utility Week Live audience in late 2016 (plus readers from the supporting media brands Utility Week, Water & Wastewater Treatment, WET News and Network) who they considered to be leading the transformation agenda and doing things in a different, better, way, and these are the results (listed in no particular order):
· Basil Scarsella, chief executive, UK Power Networks
· Ben Jeffs, director and chief executive, MOSL
· Cathryn Ross, chief executive, Ofwat
· Cheryl Latham, chief executive, Brighter World Energy
· Dermot Nolan, chief executive, Ofgem
· Piers Clark, founder and chairman, Isle Utilities
· Elon Musk, founder and products architect, Tesla and chairman, SolarCity
· John Reynolds, chief executive, Castle Water
· Simon Harrison, group strategic development manager Mott MacDonald, and chair of the energy policy panel, IET
· Tony Cocker, chief executive, Eon UK.
For more information on these transformers, and why they have been nominated, please visit the story link below.